Non-Japanese pages are automatically translated and
It may not be translated correctly.
ズ サ イ ズ


Other languages


Living information


Medical insurance/health


Children / education


Resident procedure

Housing / Transportation

In an emergency

Lifelong learning/Sports


Foreigner consultation

Community Interpretation Translation Supporter

Free legal advice

Other consultation counter

Disaster, disaster prevention, infectious disease

 Disaster Information

Disaster prevention information

Infectious disease information

Learning Japanese

Start learning Japanese at the association

Take a Japanese class

One-on-one Japanese activity

Interact in Japanese

Japanese language class in the city

Learning materials

International exchange / international understanding

International exchange International understanding



Volunteer training

One-on-one Japanese activity [Exchange member]

Volunteer introduction

Find a volunteer

Notice from Chiba City Hall

Newsletter from municipal administration (excerpt version)


Chiba City Life Information Magazine (past publication)

Association overview

Main business


Supporting membership system and other information

Registration / reservation / application

Sign Up


Activity space reservation

Management system


Status of residence

Status of residence

Immigration control

(1) Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau

The Tokyo Regional Immigration Services Bureau has set up a branch office in Chiba City for the convenience of foreigners, and is responsible for obtaining / changing the status of residence, renewing the period of stay, activities outside the status of residence, permanent residence, and residence procedures such as re-entry permit. I am doing.


5-5-30 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo
TEL 0570-034259 / FAX 03-5796-7234


Get off at JR Shinagawa Station Konan Exit
From Platform 8 (East Exit), "Shinagawa Pier (Circulation)".Get off at Tokyo Immigration Bureau (7-8 minutes by bus)

(2) Tokyo Regional Immigration Bureau Chiba Branch Office


2-1 Chiba Port, Chuo-ku Chiba Central Community Center 1st floor
TEL 043-242-6597


2 minutes walk from Chiba Monorail Shiyakusho-mae Station or 10 minutes walk from JR Keiyo Line Chiba Minato Station

Residence management system / Special permanent resident system

Those who are subject to the residence management system (*) will be issued a "Residence Card" along with permission related to residence such as landing permission, permission to change the status of residence, and permission to renew the period of stay.

It can be said to be an ID card for people residing in Japan.You should always carry it with you to live a smooth life in Japan. (Excluding special permanent residents.)

For more information on the residence management system, etc., please contact the Immigration Bureau of Japan, Ministry of Justice, or visit the website.

If you are a special permanent resident, you will be issued a "Special Permanent Resident Certificate".

(*) The residence management system applies to those who have a status of residence under the Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act and who are staying for a medium to long term, and specifically those who do not fall under any of the following (XNUMX) to (XNUMX).

  1. Persons whose period of stay of "March" or less has been decided
  2. Persons whose status of residence has been determined for "short-term stay"
  3. Persons whose status of residence has been determined to be "diplomatic" or "public"
  4. Persons specified by the Ministry of Justice Ordinance as equivalent to foreigners from ① to ③
  5. Special permanent resident
  6. Person without status of residence

Various procedures for Special Permanent Resident Certificate

Reissue application

If you fall under (14) to (16) below, please contact the Citizens' General Counter Division of the ward office within 1 days with a special permanent resident certificate (in the case of (4), a lost property notification certificate), a passport, and a photo for those 3 years or older. Please submit one photo (length 3 cm x width XNUMX cm (taken within XNUMX months before the submission date, upper body, no front cap, no background) and apply.

  1. If your registration certificate is stolen or lost (please report to the nearest police station to obtain a lost property report certificate)
  2. When the Special Permanent Resident Certificate you have is very dirty or torn
  3. When any of the name, gender, date of birth, nationality / region is changed or corrected

Renewal of validity period

The Special Permanent Resident Certificate must be renewed within the renewal period.

If you are 16 years of age or older, please apply at the ward office by the valid period (from 2 months in advance) stated on the Special Permanent Resident Certificate.

If you are under 16 years old, by your 16th birthday (from 6 months before), passport, special permanent resident certificate, 1 photo (length 4 cm x width 3 cm (within 3 months before the submission date) Please submit the photographed upper body, no front cap, no background) to apply.

Return of Special Permanent Resident Certificate

If you acquire Japanese nationality, you must return the Special Permanent Resident Certificate to the Citizens' General Counter Section of each ward office within 14 days if you die.